Why choose this training course
Open innovation is an exciting new trend that many major companies are adopting all over the world with great success. This Accelerating Open Innovation online training course introduces a business management model for innovation that promotes collaboration with people and organizations outside the company. In this sense, open innovation challenges are a true cultural break from the company silo mentality and the secrecy traditionally associated with the corporate R&D culture.
This online course identifies many of the different ways this can be implemented through open innovation practices, such as alliances between companies, research chairs in universities, and innovation ecosystems.
This online training course will feature:
- How companies can collaborate with external knowledge creators.
- Identify how the innovation department can connect and integrate in-house teams with external knowledge sources.
- Developing Internal innovation on the creation of knowledge that cannot be found outside
- How to move away from reinventing the wheel.
- Developing positive links with other companies, universities, tech centers, and other knowledge sources.
What are the goals?
By the end of this online training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply principles of open innovation
- Communicate and engage others of the benefits of open innovation
- Manage the challenges of open innovation
- Create a corporate mindset for open innovation
- Accelerate open innovation activities
Who is this training course for?
The online course is intended for all leaders and managers who are looking to develop their open innovation skills and consequently build success through collaboration.
This online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Team Leaders & Supervisors
- Heads of Departments
- Leaders in R&D
- Senior Leadership Team
How will this training course be presented?
This online training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes the use of media slides, case studies and video examples, articles from businesses and universities that ensure interactive participation among delegates. There is ample opportunity for reflexive practice and for developing improvement plans to take back to the organisation.
Day One: Traditional Closed Innovation:
- How our thinking works in respect of creativity and innovation
- Difference between vertical and lateral approaches; what are the benefits and weaknesses
- Methods of testing ideas for practicality and relevance
- Apply the more fluid style to the left and right hemispheres of the brain
- Recognise and cope with obstacles to creativity in the mind, in approach and in the working environment
- Understand the limitations and applications of conventional problem solving
Day Two: What is Open Innovation?:
- What is open innovation
- How open innovation came to be
- Open vs closed innovation
- Type of open innovation
- Examples of open innovation
- Practical takeaways from the examples
Day Three: Benefits, Challenges and Methods:
- Benefits of open innovation
- Challenges of open innovation
- How is open innovation done? - Methods of doing open innovation
- Open innovation method framework
- Open innovation methods
- Choosing the right method
Day Four: Accelerating Open Innovation:
- Picking your goals
- Choosing the appropriate audience
- Building co-operation, key stakeholders and potential collaborators
- Selecting partners and forming business relationships
- How to measure compatibility and partner fit
- Planning and executing strategic pilots
Day Five: Communicating Open Innovation:
- The Dynamics of Change – Psychological and Physical Cycle
- Dealing with the Psychological Impact of Change
- How to Motivate and Inspire Performance
- Communicating the Innovative Changes in a Positive Manner
- Communicating the “Burning Platform” Message of Change
- Building a culture of Open Innovation
- A Coventry Academy e-Certificate will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the online training course