Coventry Academy provides a training course in Applied Water Technology in Oil and Gas Production in Oil and Gas Training
|20 - 24 Nov 2022||Muscat - Oman||$4,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
This intensive 5-day training course introduces the fundamental chemistry of handling produced, connate and flooding water related issues. It includes but is not limited to, produced oily water treatment, scaling and corrosion monitoring and control, bacterial growth and well bore pore blockage issues.
Production of both conventional and unconventional fossil fuels by their nature, involves the creation and accumulation of large volumes of waste water that needs to be treated to an environmentally acceptable level before discharge into the environment. Flooding or injection water is also required to be of a certain quality, to prevent well bore pore blockage and or bacterial growth. However, the importance of proper water treatment is frequently underestimated due to the tremendous variation in the water sources available for use. Produced water on the other hand, contains oil, suspended solids and dissolved salts and its treatment therefore is mandatory before disposal. Good oil and water separation is consequently necessary not only for water injection/ reuse but also to reduce its quantity for disposal and for meeting the strict environmental discharge regulations.
This Coventry Academy training course will enable participants to:
- Learn the chemistry and physics of well bore pore blockage, scaling and corrosion
- Appreciate the biochemical effects of bacterial growth in flooding operations
- Understand the physics as well as the mechanics of proper oil and water separation
- Appreciate the importance of reusing produced/ formation water
- Learn practical techniques for produced water treatment and its management
- Appreciate from first principles the scaling process and understand the chemistry and thermodynamics of scaling