Why choose this training course
All businesses are going through a process of continuous transition. This makes decisions more complex and increasingly risky. Business leaders and managers need to understand the major forces for change and direction of change in markets, competition, technology and business models in order to sustain profitable growth and identify the direction and nature of development decisions that will create tomorrow’s organisation out of today’s organisation.
This popular training course offered by will enable you to understand the direction and nature of change in international business and to develop strategic and operating plans that will form the foundation of competitive performance as your organisation moves into the future.
This training course will feature:
- Guidelines on best practice in business analysis
- Identification of the main forces for change in your business
- Dealing with choice and complexity in business decisions
- Assessment of risk in business development programmes
- Devising innovative ideas for participating organisations
What are the goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the main trends in your business as it develops
- Evaluate the performance of your organisation up to now.
- Introduce innovative and differentiating activities in the business model
- Align and coordinate strategic and operational programmes and projects
- Apply leading-edge tools and techniques of business planning
Who is this training course for?
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Experienced business analysts and strategic planners
- Specialists in financial management
- Human resource development managers
- Specialists in operational management
- Systems analysts and business process designers
- Marketing and commercial staff
How will this training course be presented?
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of this information presented. The emphasis will be on studying real organisations making major decisions. Above all, the principles and approaches to business analysis will be illustrated by reference to real-life situations in which the course leader has been personally involved. This includes presentations by the course leader, discussion of case examples, group work on case studies based on analysis, interaction & discussion, video presentations by subject experts on aspects of these subjects and decision analysis in different strategic and competitive conditions.
Day One: Megatrends - The New Global Economic Structure:
- The major forces affecting business and the forecast trend.
- Business strategy in the post-COVID business environment
- Globalisation versus deglobalisation in business decisions
- The concept of strategic alignment
- How to align strategic and operational plans
- The new framework of an effective strategy
Day Two: Financial and Non-financial Dimensions of Business:
- Financial evaluation of a business
- The financial “anatomy” of an organisation
- Balancing profitability, liquidity and gearing
- Non-financial evaluation of a business
- Framework for non-financial analysis
- Application of the ‘Balanced Scorecard’
Day Three: Assessing the Future Potential of a Business:
- Tools and techniques of market and business analysis
- Hearing and understanding the “voice of the customer”
- Measuring and managing the impact of the product life-cycle
- Forecasting the future potential of a business
- Managing crisis and controlling recovery
- Identifying future organisational development priorities
Day Four: Innovation and Risk in Business Development:
- Developing innovative offerings and business models
- Evolutionary and revolutionary innovation
- The impact of disruptive innovation
- Risk analysis in business decisions
- Identifying the right risk to take
- Tools and techniques of risk management
Day Five: Value Migration and Developing People for the Future:
- What is the significance of value migration?
- Internal and external value migration
- The impact of value migration on strategy and structure
- Developing human capability for the future of the company
- The challenge of managing the agile organisation
- People development in a rapidly changing world
- Coventry Academy Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course