Why choose this training course
Modern organizations are re-engineering their business processes from their current vertical functional structures to meet their clients’ needs. Business units are learning to work with integrated service offerings and such.
Inter-organizational, client-centric programs will be the structure for many organisations now. Organization will need to promote a management style that deals with various stakeholders, on an ongoing basis, with their clients’ needs in mind.
This training course puts the delegate into a path to manage cross-functional area in their workplace and to further enhance their effectiveness and efficiency in this contemporary era.
This training course will feature:
- Incisive ways to examine yourself and your strengths and weaknesses in dealing with cross-functional teams
- Dynamic development of your team building skills
- Discovering the significance of your cross-functional interpersonal relationship skills
- Expanding your cross-functional management abilities to bring about innovation and enterprise skills
- Enhancing your personal, empowerment cross-functional management skills
How will this training course be presented?
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This will include interactive practical exercises, video analysis and case studies, visual presentation, group and class team work facilitation.
Day One: Cross-Functional Management:
- Why Cross-functional Management?
- What Is Cross-functional Management?
- Two Components of a Policy
- Two Interwoven Goal Categories
- Cross-functional Superordinate Goals
- Strategic Cross-Functional Management
Day Two: The Cross-Functional Manager’s Profile:
- Essential people skills for effective Cross-Functional Management Principles
- Intrapersonal and interpersonal skills for the Cross-Functional Manager
- Personality profiling
- Your preferred behavioural style
- Explore your behavioural tendencies
- Understanding the model for Cross-Functional Management Success
Day Three: Cross-Functional Management through Developing Relationships with Others:
- Understanding the personality profiles and developing relationship with cross functions
- The introverted neutral and analytical perfectionist
- The extraverted relational & decisive exhorter
- People-oriented helper
- Task-oriented implementer
- Optimizing the Cross-Functional Manager’s natural strengths
Day Four: Effective Teamwork:
- Defining Teams
- Establishing Team Norms
- Working as a Team
- Your Team Player Type
- Building Team Trust
- The Stages of Team Development
Day Five: Action Plans for Effective Cross-Functional Management:
- Implementing Cross-Functional Team Guidelines
- Task-Oriented Tools and Group Process Techniques
- Dynamics of Cross-Functional Teams
- Individual and Organizational Implications
- Evaluating Team Performance
- Why Cross-Functional Teams May Fail
- Your Personal Action Plan