Why choose this training course
Maintenance Management Best Practices are critical for every successful individual and company. This Coventry Academy training course has been designed to benefit both qualified new professionals as well as experienced professionals who might need to refresh their skills. It covers all the fundamentals of Maintenance Management that a suitably qualified professional would be expected to carry out during his duty starting with the first steps and building up in a stair case fashion to a fully functional maintenance organisation.
This training course will feature:
- An overview of key maintenance work processes
- Maintenance management systems
- Preventative maintenance and maintenance strategy
- Maintenance planning logistics and cost control
- Maintenance teamwork
What are the goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of maintenance, and to understand the key definitions of terms from the international standards.
- Manage data and utilize state of the art methods for selection of most appropriate maintenance strategy.
- Get the most out of existing computerized maintenance management systems (CMMSs).
- Provide a step-by-step guide to maintenance best practice starting with foundations and building up to best practice that will deliver maximum business benefits.
- Instruct Maintenance optimization best practice techniques
- Provide opportunities to discuss the application of these best practices
- Provide an opportunity to learn these concepts through practical exercises
Who is this training course for?
Individuals exposed to this training will develop new insights into international best practices. They will learn why the best companies in the world see Maintenance management as the key to delivering the right quality product at the lowest costs.
This Coventry Academy training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Maintenance Engineers
- Maintenance Planners
- Reliability Engineers
- Process engineers and Operators
- CMMS Implementation Project Leaders
How will this training course be presented?
This Coventry Academy training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes case studies from different industries, videos, small group activities, quizzes, and pre and post assessment exercises.
Day One: An Overview of Key Maintenance Work Processes:
- Introduction to Maintenance Management
- Definitions of key terms
- Types of Maintenance – Reactive, planned and improvement jobs, Preventive and Proactive
- A comprehensive maintenance control system
- Priorities when implement a systematic preventative maintenance program
- Case Studies Learning from Failures
Day Two: Maintenance Performance Measures Systems & Human Factors:
- Developing Maintenance Key Performance Indicators
- The Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- The Concept of ‘Ask Why 5 times!’
- Teamwork and Continuous Improvement
- Case Studies from Different Industries
Day Three: Key Terms and techniques in Reliability Systems and Maintenance Management:
- What is Reliability, Redundancy, Failure, Maintainability and Availability?
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) & Mean Time to Repair (MTTR)
- The Concept of the Bathtub Curve
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
Day Four: Maintenance Management Systems:
- Computerized maintenance Management Systems
- Selection of Appropriate Maintenance Strategy
- The Decision-Making Grid (DMG)
- Integration of TPM, RCM and CBM
- Case Studies from Different Industries
- The Concept of Benchmarking
Day Five: Maintenance Planning and Control:
- Project Management in Maintenance & Shutdowns
- Phases of Projects
- Project management tools for planning
- The concept of critical path method (CPM)
- Resource Allocation
- Project Crashing
- Coventry Academy Certificate of Completion for delegates who attend and complete the training course