Coventry Academy provides a training course in Organisational Politics and Power Dynamics in Management & Leadership
|25 - 29 Sep 2022||Dubai - UAE||$4,950|
|25 - 29 Dec 2022||Dubai - UAE||$4,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Politics are a part of organizational life which stem from a diversity of interests, and those competing interests must be resolved in some way. Organizational politics are characterized by informal, unofficial, and sometimes behind-the-scenes efforts to sell ideas, influence an organization, increase power, or achieve other objectives. There are a number of potential individual and organizational antecedents of political behaviors. In today’s organizational work, it’s important to be aware of the potentially destructive aspects of organizational politics in order to minimize their negative effect.
This powerful training course examines why workplace politics exist and looks at skill in handling conflicting agendas and shifting power bases and at strategies to \"win\" at office politics without resorting to dirty tactics and unprofessional behaviors. Among its powerful features, it will emphasize that effective politics isn’t about winning at all costs but about maintaining relationships while achieving results. It will demonstrate that organizational politics are not inherently bad and it is possible to promote yourself and your cause without compromising yours and your organization’s values. Since all workplaces are political to some extent, the course will also examine techniques to minimize the negative side of organizational politics and how to effectively manage differences of personality and opinion.
This training course will feature:
- Pragmatic knowledge of what power and politics mean in organizational settings
- Assessment of delegates’ political skills and shortfalls using frameworks that are simple, potent and immediately applicable
- Development of an actionable career plan to manage interpersonal conflict and enhance the productivity of individuals and teams
- Preparation of a personal agenda to effectively manage the politics of delegates’ career
- Management of differences of personality and opinion to neutralize “bad” politics at work