Why choose this training course
This intensive online project management training course offers comprehensive guidance for managing any type of project, small or complex, providing delegates with a solid foundation of project management, from the very start, to the successful conclusion of a project.
This Coventry Academy online training course explores the very foundations of how projects are different to the operational world, but an absolute necessity when it comes to changing the operational world. You will discover how the very best practice management techniques are used to take a project through a project lifecycle, from Inception, through Definition, Execution, Monitoring and Control to Closure.
Interacting with the project lifecycle are what are described the hard skills of Project Management e.g. Scope Management, Schedule Management, Resource Management, Cost Management; along with the soft skills necessary to deliver a project e.g. Team Leadership, Stakeholder Management, Project Communications, Conflict Management.
As Project Management is considered a vital organisational competency, throughout the course the focus will be on how the role of the Project Manager interacts with the other key roles e.g. Project Sponsor, Project Team, Steering Group, Project Management Office, who are all responsible for aspects of an project management capability in an organisation.
This online training course will feature:
- An Introduction to the World of Project Management
- The Project Manager’s Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting
- Project Resourcing, Monitoring and Control
- Project Evaluation, Reporting, Closure and Hand-Over
How will this training course be presented?
This Coventry Academy online training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The online course is conducted online using ClickMeeting.
Day One: The World of Project Management:
- What is a Project?
- Mature Project Management
- Selecting Projects to Meet Organizational Goals
- Managing Programmes and Portfolios
- Uncertainty in Project Selection Decisions
- Project Data, Information and Knowledge Management
Day Two: Project Planning, Scheduling and Budgeting:
- Strategic, Tactical and Operational Planning
- The Contents of a Project Plan
- Level of Detail in Scheduling
- Network Logic and Dependency Analysis
- Project Uncertainty and Risk Management
- Fundamentals of Budgeting and Cost Control
Day Three: Project Resourcing, Monitoring and Control:
- Resource Allocation
- Expediting a Project
- The Critical Chain Approach
- Designing the Monitoring Cycle
- Performance Indicators and Control Mechanisms
- Designing the Change Control System
Day Four: The Project Manager’s Roles and Responsibilities:
- Selection of the Project Manager
- Project Team-Building and Empowerment
- Delegating with Confidence
- Communication Within the Project Team
- Project Team Leadership
- Conflict Handling
Day Five: Project Evaluation, Reporting, Closure and Hand-Over:
- Evaluation Criteria and Project Auditing
- Analysing Project Performance
- Progress Reports and Records
- Determinants of Project Success
- Successful Project Hand-Over
- Lessons Learned and Creating Learning Culture