Why choose this training course
Oil, Gas and Mining Projects involve substantial capital investment, long lead times and carry significant risk. Their success is often critical, not only to the companies involved but also to the Government. As a result, this course plays a vital role by improving the performance of those involved in managing and contributing to such projects.
This Financing Natural Resources: Oil, Gas and Mining Projects training course will provide delegates with the essential skills to evaluate financial decisions, recommend appropriate sources of finance and to manage financial risks, including volatile oil prices, gas prices and mineral price.
This Financing Natural Resources: Oil, Gas and Mining Projects training course will also feature skills that will be developed through the analysis of Finance Case Studies relevant to your organisation.
This Coventry Academy training course will feature:
- The Oil, Gas and Mining sectors and the Financial Implications relevant to Projects in the sectors
- Best Practice in Investment Appraisal of Oil, Gas and Mining Projects
- The Analysis & Evaluation of Case Studies relevant to your role and organisation
- The latest International methods of Financial Management, Analysis & Evaluation
- How to Manage Oil Prices, Gas Prices and Mineral Prices
How will this training course be presented?
This Coventry Academy training course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
A particular feature of the training course is the Analysis & Evaluation of Case Studies relevant to your role and organisation enabling successful knowledge and skill transfer.
Day One: Oil, Gas and Mining Projects:
- Oil, Gas & Mineral Resources and Reserves
- The Specific Nature of Oil, Gas and Mining Projects
- Financial Implication of Oil, Gas and Mining Projects
- Market Volatility: Oil, Gas & Mineral Prices
- Strategic Issues facing the sector
- Financing Natural Resource Projects and a Diverse Strategy
Day Two: Financing the Project:
- The Major Sources of Long Term and Short Term Finance
- Equity & Debt Financing
- Recourse & Non-recourse Finance
- Project Finance
- Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) & Parties to Project Finance Schemes
- Bonds; Guarantees and Letters of Credit
Day Three: Oil, Gas and Mining Project Appraisal & Analysis:
- Selecting Projects to meet Organisational Objectives
- Forecasting Oil, Gas & Mining Cashflows (Income & Costs)
- Identifying Risks from the Projected Cashflow
- Calculating the Cost of Finance – WACC, CAPM & Arbitrage Pricing
- Capital Investment Appraisal Techniques - Payback; ARR, NPV, IRR etc.
- Financial Appraisal using Spreadsheet Skills
Day Four: Project & Financial Risk Management:
- Identifying Risk: Technical, Logistical, Environmental, Economic and Financial
- Financial Risk Management & Derivatives
- Sensitivity Analysis & Monte Carlo Simulation Analysis
- Evaluating the Risks & Uncertainties – Their Probability & Impact
- Managing Oil Prices, Gas Prices and Mineral Prices
- Derivative Markets
Day Five: Financial Evaluation of Oil, Gas and Mining Projects:
- Meeting Government & Organisational Objectives
- Evaluating Financial Performance
- Return on Equity ROE; Debt Service Coverage Ratios (DSCRs) and Value for Money (VfM)
- Economic NPV & Economic Value Added
- Cost–Benefit Analysis – Finance V Economic Value Added
- Meeting Future Needs