Coventry Academy provides a training course in Managing a Matrix Team in Management & Leadership
|27 Nov - 01 Dec 2022||Online||$2,350|
Why Choose this Online Training Course?
Matrix management is a structure that uses specialist staff from different functional areas to work on projects or assignments being led by project managers. Staff in the matrix structure have two managers – their functional manager and their project manager. The functional manager maintains the line of authority over the day to day issues such as work allocation, performance, sign offs, etc. while the project manager has authority over the issues related to the project.
Since staff have to work and share information with staff from other areas, matrix management allows greater flexibility across organizations, provides staff with variety and the opportunity to apply their specialist knowledge, selects staff to suit the requirements of the project, and breaks down silos.
This Coventry Academy online training course is an ideal breakthrough into the essential concepts of Matrix Management and how organizations can effectively deal with complex issues like problems, role ambiguity and conflicts. The course breaks down the fundamental principles and processes needed to ensure success when leading matrix-managed teams. It provides trainees with the opportunity to experience different methods, tools and techniques which will enable leaders to improve performance, achieve desired results and approach the role with confidence. Practical application is the prime focus of the work shop.
This online training course will feature:
- Challenges and benefits of Matrix Management in the workplace
- Varieties of Matrix Management styles
- Establishing of an effective matrix model
- The challenges of leading, integrating and motivating a matrix team
- Insights into the fundamentals of project management
- Succeeding as an employee in a Matrix Management situation
- Strategies to perform key managerial functions in the teams
- Development of a robust personal action plan