Why choose this training course
The key to any successful operation lies in the effective management of risks; the ability to seize opportunities, minimise threats and optimise results. However, risk management is too often treated as a reactive process, or worse, not done at all. In this Operations Risk Management and Mitigation training course, you’ll work through the proactive approach to both sides of risk: threats and opportunities. The approach applies a proven six-step methodology of risk planning through to identification, analysis and control.
This training course is designed to help operations teams and businesses accurately and efficiently identify, quantify, and mitigate risks that threaten to disrupt, or derail, their operations. The training course content is applicable to all industry sectors where operations form the cornerstone of their business and are of a value and nature that necessitate formal risk management. It is tailored for all personnel who are either involved in, or responsible for, the successful delivery and continuity of these operations.
The training course is based on the latest PMBOK 6th edition and also applies the principals of ISO 31000:2009, “Risk Management - Principles and Guidelines” and ISO 31010:2009, “Risk Assessment Techniques”.
This training course will feature:
- Risk Management Planning
- Operations Context and Risk Boundaries
- Risk Identification
- Risk Analysis & Evaluation
- Risk Response Planning, Implementation & Control
- Applied Operations Risk Simulation
Who is this training course for?
This training course is tailored for all operations professionals and managers who are either involved in, or responsible for, the continuous and safe operability of their facilities. Whether you are engaged as a Plant Manager, Operations Supervisor, Maintenance Technician or any other operational specialist, understanding how to identify, assess and manage operational risk is crucial to both your own daily job tasks and the continued safe operability of the facilities you work in.
This training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Operations team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Business and operations professionals who have an interest in risk management
- Maintenance managers, engineers and technicians
- Technical professionals involved in operations start-up, maintenance and shut-down
- Business administrative, procurement and support staff
- All personnel involved in carrying out operations work assignments
How will this training course be presented?
The training methodology will incorporate both theory and skill training components, utilizing traditional lectures, hands-on exercises, group discussions and case studies.
Day One: Risk Management Framework and Planning:
- The Six Risk Management Processes
- Purpose & Benefits of Risk
- Responsibilities in Risk Management
- Integrating Risk Management into the Operations Management Process
- Risk Management Planning
- Risk Planning Process
Day Two: Risk Identification Processes:
- Operations Context & Stakeholders
- Risk Identification Inputs
- Risk Identification Tools & Techniques
- Consequential Risk Identification
- Risk Identification Outputs
- Risk Planning & Identification Exercises
Day Three: Risk Assessment and Quantification Processes:
- Operations & Maintenance Estimating Techniques
- Schedule Diagramming - Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Program Evaluation & Review Technique (PERT)
- Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Risk Assessment Exercises
Day Four: Risk Response Plan Development:
- Risk Prioritisation
- Risk Response Strategy Guidelines
- Response Strategies for Threats & Opportunities
- Response Planning & Analysis
- Alternative Responses & Response Validation
- Risk Response Planning Exercises
Day Five: Risk Response Implementation & Control:
- Risk Control Guidelines
- Risk Control Inputs
- Risk Control Tools & Techniques
- Risk Control Outputs
- Risk Reporting & Documenting
- Risk Management Simulation