Coventry Academy provides a training course in Project Scheduling, Cost Planning & Value Engineering Skills in Project Management
|21 Nov - 02 Dec 2022||London - UK||$11,900|
Why Choose this Training Course?
This course focuses on 2 modules. The first week of training will identify how to deliver reliable cost and schedule estimates during the early concept and planning stages of a proposed project.
The second week of training will explore the Value Engineering (VE) concept: a creative, organized approach with the objective of offering project stakeholders an opportunity to optimize project value, reduce life-cycle costs, address financial issues, and eliminate unnecessary costs.
The whole course adopts a systematic step-by-step methodology to support the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control and closure of projects. It covers the key elements of roles and responsibilities, planning techniques, forming and managing a multi-disciplinary project team to generate solutions and recommend alternatives; capturing stakeholders requirements and expectations; developing conceptual cost estimates and models; undertaking life-cycle costing analysis; and producing a high-level project plan to guide project execution and control. Practical applications are covered in detail, along with presentations of case studies designed to help participants master the course materials.
This training course will feature:
- Gaining knowledge of techniques used in project estimating, from the conceptual stage to the final detailed estimate
- Understanding the different types of estimates used to confidently and progressively estimate project costs and schedule
- Identifying risk sources and minimize their impact with and without contingency
- Developing effective team management, performance monitoring and control systems
- An integrated approach to scope, time, resources and cost management into a dynamic and manageable model
This comprehensive training course consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual, 5 Day training courses.
Module 1 - Project Scheduling & Cost Planning Skills