Why choose this training course
This highly popular Coventry Academy Training Course considers the importance of planning strategically for any negotiation and developing relationships through the application of influence and persuasion. Delegates will work on critical thinking processes to enable them to make better planning decisions in order to achieve success when negotiating alliances.
This training course will equip delegates with an essential framework for effective negotiation starting with the planning process and understanding why it is essential to consider the critical points in building and maintaining relationships. Delegates will have the opportunity to exercise and improve their influencing and persuasion skills and build higher-level communication ability in order to deliver results and maintain alliances for the mutual benefit of the parties involved.
This Coventry Academy Training Course will feature:
- Applying Critical Thinking When Planning a Strategy for Negotiation
- Defining the Stages Within a Negotiation Process
- Understanding the Key Issues in Forming and Maintaining Alliances
- Discussing How to Defend Yourself From Aggressive Tactics and Ploys in Negotiation
- Developing Higher Level Communication Skills for Influencing Others
- Applying More Influence When Negotiating Through Practical Exercises
What are the goals?
By the end of this Coventry Academy Training Course, participants will be able to:
- Describe a Framework for the Analysis of Business Alliances
- Understand How to Apply Influencing Skills During the Negotiation Phase
- Recognise and Manage Difficult Negotiators Who Use Aggressive Tactics During Negotiation
- Understand the Key Principles of Persuasion and its Importance to Negotiation
- Apply Critical Thinking When Planning Approaches to Different Negotiation Situations
Who is this training course for?
This Coventry Academy Training Course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Personnel From a Wide Range of Business Disciplines
- Delegates Wishing to Develop Negotiation Skills in Alliance Building
- Delegates Who Regularly Work With External Suppliers or Customers
- Departmental Heads Requiring to Form Interdepartmental Alliances to Achieve Results
How will this training course be presented?
This Coventry Academy Training Course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes professional learning techniques combined with presentations, interactive practical exercises, group activities and case studies will help delegates to build a formal framework around their current knowledge and skills.
Delegates will be encouraged to develop both their critical thinking and persuasion skills, applying these to the formation and maintenance of negotiated alliances to increase the value for money provided to their employer.
Day One: Situational Negotiating Strategies:
- Negotiation Purpose: Common Terms and Best Practice
- Developing Mutually Acceptable Solutions Through Value Claiming
- Adapting Strategies to Situations When Building Alliances
- Personality - Strengths & Weaknesses in Negotiations
- Opening Communication Channels to Maintain Relationships
- Applying Interests and Positions for Strategic Advantage
Day Two: Applied Negotiation Skills:
- How to Reach 'Win-Win' in Negotiation
- The Keys to Collaborative Bargaining in Partnering
- Leverage: What It Is and How to Use It?
- Negotiation Tactics and Ploys
- Dealing with Difficult Negotiators and Barriers
- Ethics in Negotiation
Day Three: Persuasion & Influence Skills for Negotiators:
- Challenges of Meetings – Group and Individual Strategies
- Positive Persuasion in Challenging Situations
- Applying Rules of Influential Presentations to Maximize Impact
- Maintaining Compatible Body Language & Using Logic, Credibility and Passion
- Dispute Resolution and Mediating for Better Outcomes
- Mediation Techniques - Practical Exercise
Day Four: Higher Level Negotiation Skills for Challenging Situations:
- Identifying and Responding to Signals and Informal Information
- Recovering from Reversals, Errors and Challenges
- Developing a Climate of Trust
- Higher Level Conversation Techniques
- Face to Face Negotiations; Appreciating Different Cultures
- Practical Negotiation Exercise and Feedback
Day Five: Critical Thinking and Decision Making for Negotiators:
- Gaining Control and Using Information – Formal and Informal
- Thinking Patterns, Frameworks and Tools for Negotiators
- Identifying Sources and Testing Assumptions
- Framing the Problem
- Decision Making Under Pressure
- Reviewing Strategic Alliances and Building Personal Action
- Coventry Academy Certificate of Attendance will be provided to delegates who attend and complete the course